Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CRAZY IVAN PARTY

So, you know how I hate to miss a good party, or a potentially good party?
Well, Nanowrimos in San Francisco are having a whopper on November 21st, and since I can't go to that, I decided we need one in the Utah area.

So, on Saturday, November 21st, I'm holding a CRAZY IVAN PARTY at my home in Layton, Utah. 5-11 pm. Laptops and food. No talking except at the top of the hour when everyone will have five minutes to get more food and drink and get back in their seats.

It's a writing marathon, for Nano of course, but if it is any fun at all, we'll maybe try another in January--a chance to kick the year off on a productive note.

You should try one too. Get your writing buddies together. Have everyone bring sustenance and make your laptops hum. Quietly, of course. Except at the top of the hour.

We shall call these moments of chaos...CRAZY IVANS!
(RED OCTOBER fans? Anyone?)
I'm going to need a seaman's whistle.
Hah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this an open invitation to your party? Or are you inviting your guests separately and simply using this blog post to urge others to throw their own parties?

L.L. Muir said...

If you're in the area of Northern Utah and want to come, you're welcome to Crazy Ivan with us. Just email me at lmuirl@yahoo.com and I'll give you directions.

If, by chance, you're a stalker, then no, it's not an open invitation. And that was a bogus email addy!

Hahahahahahahaha!
Lesli

Elana Johnson said...

Awesome! I don't think I can drive the hour to Layton, but maybe we can check in online? And do you mean this Saturday, the 20th? Or Sunday, the 21st?

L.L. Muir said...

Saturday, the 20th.
Sundays are a bit tricky 'round these parts.